Outdoor Baseball Rules - Fall
New England Fall Baseball League 2011
1. All fields are lined, prepped and ready to play. The Connecticut Sportsplex prepares all game schedules and schedules the umpires. Any game time requests need to be received in writing 2 weeks prior to the start of the league. We do not guarantee that your game will be rescheduled if changes need to be made after the schedule has been completed and handed out.
2. Information on cancellations due to weather can be obtained by dialing 203-484-4383 ext 9.
3. 12 game guarantee. Umpires are paid on the field; the fee varies with age bracket (11U and 12U’s are $50.00, 13U & 14U’s are $55.00 and the 10U is $47.00). League fee, which includes balls, is $600.00 plus $80.00 refundable forfeit fee.
4. Time limit for all games is two (2) hours. When the first pitch is thrown the umpires will call out the starting time of the game. If an inning has already begun and you have reached the time limit, the inning will be finished. An inning ends the moment the third out is made. If the game has reached a tie at the end of the time, than one extra inning is allowed. If a team arrives late, time may be taken off the game.
5. Any player throwing a bat, helmet or glove to register disgust, either with himself or another player, or the umpire will immediately be ejected from the game without warning. Any player ejected must remain on the bench or under the direct supervision of the coach.
6. No jewelry is to be worn during the game. (ID bracelets for medical reasons are allowed.)
7. Please make sure all dugouts are clean after your game as other teams may be using them immediately following you.
8. All players must wear helmets and any non-player under the age of 18 must wear a helmet when warming up a pitcher.
9. Numbered shirts are mandatory for all players.
Games will be played under Federation Rules with the following additions:
- For intentional walks, team shall instruct the umpire to call time and place the player on the base
- Mercy Rule: None
- Games will be limited to 2 hours
- 10U play 6 innings, 11-15U play 7 innings.
- Teams can hit all players and have free substitution
- Leads and stealing is allowed in 10U division
60 X 90 for 13U-15U
50 x 70 for 12U & 11U
46 x 65 for 10U